Data is king
Many companies fail to realise the importance of capturing customer data, having an effective CRM System (Client Relationship Management) in place and how to utilise it effectively as part of their on-going marketing activity.
Not only is customer data the building block of any business, but if analysed correctly it can give you insights into when, how and what your customers buy and what sales have been generated from your marketing campaigns. This information will also help you see purchasing trends and enable you to tailor your marketing campaigns to your customers – helping you drive sales.
Utilising your data analysis can however only really be effective if your customer data is captured correctly in the first place. To do this staff need to be trained and engaged in the process.
They need to fully understand the importance of data capture and how in the long run, simple data entry process will benefit all those concerned. So often, however, we see data inputting being carried out as a last resort with many instances of a ‘quick fix’ being used in order to skip data entry processes.
This simple ‘quick fix’ may save in the short term, but it can have a massive negative impact on the quality of your data reports and can provide you with misleading information.
- Research what CRM systems will work with your business
- Know what reporting will be of value to the decision makers
- Make sure that the CRM can deliver this information at the reporting stage
- Get your data entry process in order
- Train your staff and get them engaged in the processes
- Identify data champions within your company that can help maintain data quality
- Get buy in from staff with clever and clear communication about your data strategy
- Analysis – use data reports to help you tailor your marketing activity and campaigns
- Most importantly use your data to drive sales and increase revenue
If you want to know more about data management email us on: 01473 375071
To know more about the author click here
About the Author
Emma is a dedicated and experienced marketer. She has won awards and nominations for companies and secured revenue streams for clients based on targeted and effective marketing campaigns. Read more about Emma here.